Sunday 21 October 2007

Before Escaping from New York

Last day before leaving New York was great. Had a chilled out day moving between the numerous coffee shops. In the evening we tried to find a pub as a kind of leaving do. This wasn't easy. We ended up walking all the way across town, to eventually come across O'Reillys, which served Brooklyn beer, which may well have been taken directly from the Hudson River. At closing time, we took a vote on where to go, and the Bikini Bar came out top, although I think the voting my have been rigged. The bar closed at 4am, so some of us decided to see where else we could go. We decided to walk Brooklyn Bridge, which was possibly the best thing I did there. We started walking just before sunrise, and got a Brooklyn when it was starting to get light. Looking back over to New York was an immense sight, and I just hope the photos I took will do it justice. (photos hopefully coming soon!)

Anyway, time's running out on the surfing meter so better sign off. Will probably continue waffling tomorrow...

2 comments:

emmanddee said...

Burning the candle at both ends, huh?!

...but sounds loads of fun!

Unknown said...

How funny that you should try Brooklyn larger - I fully concur, it does test like Hudson water. Yuck! Having said that, I reckon it's better than Kava....